Content of applications for admission to a Bachelor's programme with a diploma of secondary education delivered in a State who HAS NOT ratified the Lisbon Recognition Convention (please do not staple the documents sent by post):
- the sheet with barcode sent to the candidate by e-mail immediately after applying online
- a passport format photograph
- a complete curriculum vitae up to date
- certified copies on both sides (read explanation below) of the diploma of upper secondary education (if obtained)
- certified copies on both sides (read explanation below) of records of grades (transcripts) for the last three years of upper secondary education (if the last year is in progress, provide at least the grades of the first term/semester) and, if applicable, a copy of the final exam record of grades (transcript)
- in the case of university studies, the certified copies on both sides (read explanation below) of the university diploma and diploma supplement, as well as of official records of grades (transcripts) obtained in all university examinations (even if studies have not been fully completed)
- candidates transferring from another Swiss university or an HES/HEP must also provide a certificate of exmatriculation (at the latest the certificate must be provided before the start of the courses)
- If, in addition to the diploma of secondary school, a certificate of university admission is required, it must be provided by a recognised university of the country where the diploma of secondary school was granted and must concern a study place in the same orientation as that chosen at UNIL (see list of qualifications and requirements by country)
- a copy of the passport or identity card
- for foreigners, a copy of the Swiss residence permit (if already in possession)
- a proof of payment of the administrative fees (CHF 200.-)
- for any document that is not written in French, in English, in German or in Italian, you must submit, in addition to the document in the original language, an official translation into French, English, German or Italian. The translation must be enclosed with the original document in the same PDF file. An official translation may be done, for example, by a sworn translator, a consular service, a notary or by a professional translation agency
- for an inscription to part-time studies, the required documents (please be aware that the part-time status is not available for third country nationals (non EU/EFTA) moving to Switzerland to study).
Are considered as certified copies photocopies dated and signed in original and on which are affixed the wet seal of the authority having made the certification.
a) Upper secondary school diplomas and upper secondary school transcripts: the copies have to be officially certified by the competent ministry (Ministry of education). They have to be in the original language and joined to the application documents in an envelope sealed by the ministry. The envelope has also to contain a letter with the precise contact details (name, first name, position, postal address, e-mail, phone number) of the person having certified the copies.
b) university diplomas, university transcripts, provisional graduation certificates: the copies have to be officially certified by the university or the higher education institution that has issued the documents. They have to be in the original language and joined to the application documents in an envelope sealed by the university or higher education institution. The envelope has also to contain a letter with the precise contact details (name, first name, position, postal address, e-mail, phone number) of the person having certified the copies.
This list of documents to be supplied concerns candidates holding diplomas obtained in a State who has not ratified the Lisbon Recognition Convention. That is a State who does not appear on this list.
The Apostille of the Hague, as well as the certifications carried out by secondary schools, police, municipal/local authorities, notaries, etc., are not sufficient.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration, in particular if they do not contain the copies certified according to the above-mentioned procedure.
How to transmit your documents
The method of transmitting the documents will be communicated to the candidate when registering online. Most of the documents mentioned above can be downloaded immediately but depending on the situation of the candidate some documents will have to be sent by post to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des immatriculations et inscriptions
|If the diploma giving entitlement to registration is issued only during the summer preceding immediately the beginning of the academic year, the candidate provides the other documents within the specified deadline, indicating the date on which the copy of the diploma giving access to UNIL will be sent to the Admissions Office.