Linguistic skills: English and German
We have joined forces with the Languages Centre (CDL) at UNIL in order to help you more effectively during your recruitment process, particularly in evaluating the communication skills of candidates in German and English.
Mrs Brigitte Forster Vosicki, Head of the CDL, and her team have agreed to take on the new service and we are very grateful to them.
We are therefore pleased, in partnership with the CDL, to offer you the possibility of testing your most recent candidates as follows:
- The hiring manager sends a request by email to Mrs Forster Vosicki (Brigitte.ForsterVosicki@unil.ch).
- The teacher in charge of evaluating the candidates contacts the hiring manager for more detailed information (level, types of skill, deadline, field, etc.).
- The teacher in charge contacts the candidate and assesses him or her.
- A report of the results is provided to the candidate and to line management.
- As usual, the service is charged at CHF 75 per candidate using the internal order form.
Please find below a summary table of the procedure (in French).
Please note that the Human Resources department acts solely as an intermediary in this situation, and that the service should be negotiated directly between the CDL and the faculty/department in question.
When a person is hired, this scheme can also be used, if necessary, to develop a training plan for communicative competence in the language concerned.
We remain at your entire disposal for any further information and look forward to offering you this service on the basis of an internal partnership.